MLA, like all style guides, requires papers to be formatted a certain way.
Use 1 inch margins all around
12 pt. Times New Roman (recommended) or any other readable font
All text throughout paper should be double-spaced
Page header should include your last name and the page number aligned to the right
Follow the steps below to add page numbers to a document.
1. To add page numbers in Word, double click in the header area at the top of the document.
2. In the header section, double click the mouse on the right side of the page.
3. Type your last name and then press the spacebar once.
4. Click Insert from the top menu of items.
5. Click Page Number, then click Current Position, and lastly click Plain Number.
First Page Heading
Your works cited appears at the end of your paper. If you cited a source in the text of your paper, it must be listed here; if you list a work here, it must be cited in your paper.
Jim & Patsy Rose Library
1st Floor, Jack Hunt Campus Center
137 South Post Road
© Copyright 2011-2017 Cleveland Community College. All rights reserved. Accessibility Information